A “Thank You” page is the page that your contacts will see right after filling out a form and submitting it on the landing page of your website. A well-crafted “Thank You” page can make all the difference in truly converting a lead into a sale. Therefore, you should make every effort to optimize your “Thank You” page and utilize it to its fullest potential.
In this blog, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about why you should be using “Thank You” pages and what they should look like.
Why should my business use “Thank You” pages?
1. “Thank You” pages build trust with your leads
Did you know that 90 percent of customers trust reviews like a personal recommendation of a friend or family member? Customers put a lot of value in social proof, and that’s why your “Thank You” page is the perfect place to feature recommendations or referrals that speak to your company’s character. Put some of your best reviews or referrals on your “Thank You” page so potential customers can read some of the reasons why others love working with you.
2. “Thank You” pages allow your leads to learn more
Your lead has made it to your “Thank You” page because they found your initial content interesting. What other resources can you provide them, so they continue to learn about your company? A simple “Thank You!” offers very little. Links to pages, blogs, or other content that aligns with their needs and interests could quickly put you at the top of their list for companies in the area.
3. “Thank You” pages provide a way for your customers to connect with you
The fact that your lead filled out your landing page form indicates that they want more contact with your company. Chances are, they’re interested in what your company has to offer. For this reason, a “Thank You” page can be a great way to connect. Don’t stop at the form. Encourage them to follow your social media channels, visit your blog, or subscribe to your email newsletter. The more contact you can have, the better!
4. “Thank You” pages encourage further exploration
Most companies have one goal when a visitor lands on their page – get them to fill out the landing page’s form. To do this, they seek to eliminate all distractions and remove the navigation menu from the landing page altogether. However, once the form is filled out, you should provide a navigation menu so potential customers can continue to explore your website. This will only help them feel more comfortable with what your company has to offer.
5. “Thank You” pages increase your ROI
A good “Thank You” page doesn’t stop at “Thanks for filling out our form!” Why not? Because this doesn’t prompt anything further. That’s going to encourage your potential customer to close out that tab on their browser and put your company out of their mind. By putting a call-to-action on your “Thank You” page, you increase your chance of getting an immediate return on your investment.
Instead of “Thanks for filling out our form!” try something like “Thanks for filling out our form! We’ll get back to you in the next 24 hours. Until then, you can check out our social media channels @[insert company channels] or read further about what we offer on our “Services” tab.”
See the difference? One says thank you, and the other gives them further resources to engage with your company. The call to action really can make a difference.
What are some best practices of “Thank You” pages?
Are you struggling to think of ways you can implement it on your website? We’ve compiled some of the best ways you can use your “Thank You” pages to maximize the impact you have on new leads.
· Link to your most popular content. This is one of the best ways to show your leads that you can offer them value. Send them one of your best blogs or webpages to show them you know what you’re talking about.
· Encourage engagement on social media. If your customer fills out a contact form, they may feel impatient about waiting for a response. Encourage them to visit some of your other channels so they can continue to connect with your business as they wait.
· Offer a discount. Who doesn’t love 10 percent off? Using discounts to reward good behavior (filling out that landing page form!) has become an integral strategy for businesses using the internet to connect with their customers. Plus, even if the customer would otherwise be a bit impatient waiting for you to get back to them, they’ve got the discount tiding them over. That’s more than your competitors can say!
· Boost your reputation. Customers want to know that you can offer them the service they’re seeking. By featuring reviews and referrals that speak to your credentials, they see right away that you mean business. As noted above, this social proof is non-negotiable for most customers. Put it somewhere they can’t miss it (like your “Thank You” page) and watch those leads turn into sales!
When it comes down to it, there are so many useful ways to use a “Thank You” page. Unfortunately, most businesses neglect these pages and put a simple “Thanks for filling out our form!” on it. Your “Thank You” pages are useful real estate that should not be wasted.
You can link your customers to other helpful content or boost your reputation by showing them what previous clients have said about you. Don’t underestimate how a strong presence on this page can make all the difference to your business.
For more helpful marketing tips, visit LeaseMyMarketing for more information. We’re here to help you make the most of your online platform.